As talked about earlier than, the method to collect all of my paperwork and to apply for my Spanish non-lucrative visa was really MUCH smoother and faster than I anticipated. I obtained all my paperwork prepared in a single week and my visa was permitted in solely 10 days.
You can learn my detailed directions on how to apply for the Spanish non-lucrative visa right here:
Non Lucrative Visa for Spain: How I Applied in Just 1 Week
However, as soon as the non-lucrative visa has been issued, that’s solely step one. You should full the following steps when you arrive in Spain so as to get your Spanish Residency Card (TIE).
The Next Step: TIE – Tarjeta de Identidad de Extranjero (Spanish Residency Card)
Once your visa is permitted and also you both decide up your visa on the Spanish consulate or obtain your passport with visa within the mail (whichever choice you selected), understand that…
1. You have three months to enter Spain from the date your visa was issued
2. Once in Spain, you want to apply in your TIE (Spanish Residency Card) inside 30 days
The first half is simple. Just be sure you enter Spain inside three months of your visa problem date!
The second half is extra difficult. But now that I’ve accomplished the method, I’m going to share each element on how to get your TIE as soon as in Spain.
Step 1: Certificado de Empadronamiento
In order to get your TIE, you’ll more than likely want to get this certificates from the City Hall first.
Not each metropolis in Spain requires this doc for a TIE however many do and right here in Valencia, they undoubtedly require it. This is mainly an official certificates that reveals you’re registered as a resident of a selected metropolis or city in Spain. The certificates is often issued by the City Hall within the city or metropolis the place you propose to stay in Spain.
With this official doc, your life as a resident turns into a lot simpler. Consider it official proof of residency and deal with, one thing that turns out to be useful when coping with different authorities workplaces (such because the workplace that handles the Spanish Residency Card course of).
How to Obtain a Certificado de Empadronamiento
- Passport – Make 2 copies of the small print web page, your residency visa and your entry stamp into Spain or the Schengen zone. Bring the unique passport and copies with you.
- Proof of deal with – You’ll want a rental contract for a home or condo that’s legitimate for at the least 6 months. Bring the unique signed model and a photocopy. (If you’re renting a room from somebody or staying with household/buddy, the proprietor of the residence would possibly want to include you to the appointment they usually would possibly want to carry a latest utility invoice of their identify. The guidelines differ relying on the town/city the place you’re dwelling.)
- Proof of hire cost – Bring a duplicate of the receipt you acquired whenever you paid your first month’s hire.
- Make an appointment – Check the City Hall’s web site and see if you happen to want to make an appointment. Some cities require appointments (corresponding to Valencia) and a few cities enable you to merely present up on the City Hall. For Valencia, you may make an appointment right here: Cita Previa. Simply select “Padron” from the record after which fill out the remainder of the shape.
- Go to the appointment – Show up on the City Hall in your appointment with all of the paperwork above.
For me, as soon as my quantity was known as, the method took about 5 minutes. I gave the lady behind the desk my paperwork, she requested a few fast questions (my stage of schooling, if it was my first time registering in Spain, why I wanted the certificates, and so forth.) after which she printed out two copies of the official certificates proper then and there.
That was it. I had the Certificado de Empadronamiento and I used to be prepared to proceed the TIE course of.
*If you don’t communicate any Spanish, you’ll most likely need to have a Spanish-speaking buddy or contact include you.
Step 2: Make an Appointment in your TIE
You can do that earlier than you get your Certificado de Empadronamiento. The solely factor to bear in mind is:
- In some cities, you don’t obtain your Certificado de Empadronamiento whilst you wait.
- You may need to return to the City Hall after a couple of enterprise days to gather your certificates.
- It takes time to collect the opposite paperwork you want in your TIE appointment.
Overall, if you happen to enable for at the least 2 weeks between your appointment in your Certificado de Empadronamiento and your appointment in your TIE card, you need to be good.
Appointment Wait Times
Don’t be alarmed if there are not any accessible TIE appointments for four or extra weeks. It’s apparently frequent in some cities for there to be lengthy waits for accessible appointments. But although you technically want to apply in your Spanish residency card inside 30 days of arriving in Spain, evidently this rule is ignored. In actuality, it has to be ignored because it’s frequent to wait over a month to get an appointment! So, if the accessible appointments are 1 or extra months away, don’t fear, simply e-book the earliest one you possibly can.
Here’s how to e-book your TIE appointment:
- Visit this authorities web site
- Choose your province from the drop down record
- On the following web page, select “Policia – Toma de Huellas (Expedicion de tarjeta) Y Renovacion de Tarjeta de Larga Duracion“
- Click “Entrar” on the following web page
- Fill out the shape along with your NIE quantity (it’s in your visa), your identify and nation of nationality (Leave the “Fecha de Caducidad de su tarjeta actual” clean.)
- On the following web page, fill out your phone quantity and e-mail deal with and select “Solicitar cita”
- A drop down menu will seem with the workplace places you possibly can select from (I solely had one choice however you may need extra)
- You’ll be taken to a web page with a calendar
- Choose a day/time that works for you and make sure your appointment
*Important: Be positive to save the affirmation that seems in your display screen as you’ll completely want to take this affirmation paper to your appointment!
*Important: The accessible appointments change on a regular basis. Keep checking. When I went on the location the primary time, the earliest appointment was four weeks away. But then I checked at some point later and all of the sudden appointments have been accessible later that very same week.
*Important: You want a separate appointment for every individual if you’re making use of as a pair or household.
Step three: Gather your Documents
Here is an inventory of the whole lot you want for the TIE appointment:
- Passport – Take the unique and a couple of photocopies of your passport particulars web page, your visa and the entry stamp you acquired at immigration when coming into Spain, or whichever nation within the Schengen zone that you simply entered first.
- three latest passport images (headshots)
- Appointment affirmation – Two copies of your appointment affirmation doc that you simply saved after making the appointment.
- Resolution letter – This Carta de Resolucion is a straightforward doc that confirms that you simply did certainly apply for and obtain your non-lucrative visa. Yes, although you’ve got the visa in your passport, you would possibly nonetheless want this doc. Luckily, it’s very simple to get hold of. Visit this official web site, fill out the shape along with your NIE quantity (it’s in your visa), the date you initially utilized in your visa and your 12 months of start. Click “Consultar” and also you’ll be taken to a display screen with the small print of your visa. Print out two copies of this affirmation.
- Proof of deal with – Even although I had the Certificado de Empadronamiento, which proves I’m an official resident on the deal with I listed in Valencia, I nonetheless took my official condo rental contract with me (unique and photocopy) as additional insurance coverage.
- Application kind – Fill out the TIE software kind (Form Modelo EX17) and produce two copies with you. In the tip, they didn’t ask for it however I’ve heard that some workplaces do need the appliance.
- Form 790 – Codigo 012 – This is the shape that helps you pay the price in your TIE card. You want to fill out the shape on-line, obtain it, print it out, signal it after which take it to a financial institution.
When filling out Form 790-012:
- – Fill out your complete first part (Identificacion).
- – In the Autoliquidacion part, examine the circle subsequent to “TIE que documenta la primera concesión de la autorización de residencia temporal, de estancia o para trabajadores transfronterizos“. Do not do the rest on this part.
- – Under “Localidad”, enter the town in Spain the place you’re dwelling.
- – Under “Ingreso”, select “En efectivo” (paying in money).
- – Download the finished kind (all three pages) by clicking on the blue button on the backside.
You’ll now want to print out the shape, signal it and take it to the financial institution (in Spain) to pay the price.
I used to be instructed you possibly can go to any financial institution to do that however I had some difficulties. The first financial institution instructed me I may solely get this finished between 9:30am – 11:00am on Mondays and Thursdays, the second financial institution simply mentioned ‘no’ and the third financial institution instructed me to come again the following day. But then I discovered a tiny department of Caixa Popular Bank they usually helped me care for it in three minutes. Just don’t save this half till the final second!
The present price for the TIE is 15,74 Euros. You merely pay that quantity, the banker stamps your kind and also you’re good to go.
Keep the stamped kind as you’ll want it in your appointment.
*Get a Spanish telephone quantity!: I take advantage of Google Fi and may use my US telephone quantity all around the world. However, I did get an area Spanish SIM card from Vodafone in order that I may record a Spanish telephone quantity on my paperwork. This is vital as they won’t settle for a overseas telephone quantity on the types and within the authorities registration system.
It’s simple although. It prices 10 EUR at Vodafone for the SIM (comes with 5 GB of information too). I by no means put the SIM in my telephone however at the least I can provide out that Spanish quantity and I keep away from confusion.
Step four: Attend your Spanish Residency Card Appointment
Again, if you happen to don’t communicate any Spanish, this could possibly be a problem to do by yourself because the workers on the Valencia workplace didn’t communicate any English. I’ve heard the identical about most TIE workplaces within the nation. You would possibly need to carry an area buddy or contact to help.
- Arrive in your appointment 20-30 minutes early.
- Wait. (In Valencia, the method was fairly organized. You wait outdoors the constructing in a line that’s organized by appointment time. Once it’s your flip, they name you inside and also you sit within the small ready space. You’ll then be known as to one of many desks inside a couple of minutes.)
- Hand over the whole lot they ask for.
- They’ll take your fingerprints.
- You’ll obtain a chunk of paper confirming your residency.
- They’ll let you know to come again in 1 month to decide up your Spanish Residency Card.
And that’s it.
Then, after 30 days, you possibly can return and decide up your Spanish Residency Card. You don’t want an appointment for this, simply present up and get within the applicable line.
Good luck and you probably have any questions, simply let me know!
Source hyperlink Travel Diary