Southern cooking in the United States is one of the most American things most people can imagine. For a young country, the culinary reputation of the U.S. is really rooted in traditions that came from European ancestors, then morphed and matured once brought to the new world.
Southern cuisine, also called by other names such as Soul Food, Comfort Food, and similar names, is among the primary things we think about when we think of U.S. food. For whatever reason, these ages old recipes seem to hearken back to a similar time while also holding a deep sense of pride. There’s nothing more traditional, more American, and tastier than a homemade breakfast in the southern U.S.
With that in mind, here are some of the best southern cookbooks you can find online that will help you start to create your own southern cooking traditions!
- Magnolia Table is infused with Joanna Gaines’ warmth and passion for all things family, prepared and served straight from the heart of her home, with recipes inspired by dozens of Gaines family favorites and classic comfort selections from the couple’s new Waco restaurant, Magnolia Table.
- Jo believes there’s no better way to celebrate family and friendship than through the art of togetherness, celebrating tradition, and sharing a great meal. Magnolia Table includes 125 classic recipes—from breakfast, lunch, and dinner to small plates, snacks, and desserts—presenting a modern selection of American classics and personal family favorites.
- Complemented by her love for her garden, these dishes also incorporate homegrown, seasonal produce at the peak of its flavor. Inside Magnolia Table, you’ll find recipes the whole family will enjoy, such as:
- Hardcover Book
- Gaines, Joanna (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages – 04/24/2018 (Publication Date) – William Morrow Cookbooks (Publisher)
Source link A Couple For The Road